As a retail business owner, you balance two very different roles: delivering services that your customers have come to count on while also managing all the logistics of running a small business. You have unique opportunities—as well as unique risks due to the many hats you wear each day.
Your store is a reflection of your skills, talents and passions. You worked hard to make it a reality. The right business insurance matters. Let us help you protect it.
Coverages – highly recommend to Retailers!
- Stolen merchandise coverage – So you’re reimbursed for money still owed for merchandise that’s been delivered to your customer and is stolen after you deliver it.
- Products liability coverage – To pay for legal defense fees if a customer names you in a lawsuit after being injured by a product they bought from your store.
- Contingent business coverage – In case a key supplier sustains damage from a covered peril and is unable to supply the inventory you need for your store.
- Employee Dishonesty – These claims are usually difficult to detect and go unnoticed for some time. Make sure you have this coverage for these costly claims.
- Data Compromise / Cyber Liability- Covers the expenses to notify your customers and for any damages they are awarded after their personally identifiable information is stolen through a data breach.
- Business Interruption / Loss of Business Income – Covers the income that you may lose if you cannot operate your business because of a covered claim.
- Brand name merchandise coverage – So you can be reimbursed for brand name merchandise at an agreed-upon value if something like smoke damage were to ruin your merchandise.
Additional Insurance for Your Business Needs
- Commercial Auto Insurance – Covers your vehicles while being used for your business. If vehicles used by a company are allowed to be on a personal auto policy then why did insurance companies ever create a commercial auto policy? This is one of the biggest mistakes we see businesses make with their insurance. Make sure your business and vehicles are on the proper policy with the coverage your business needs.
- Workers Compensation Insurance – covers injuries that your employees suffer at work. If you have any employees, you need workers compensation insurance, because you are responsible for your employees’ wellbeing.
- Group Benefits – you can offer accident, disability, critical illness, and life insurance to your employees for little to no cost for your business.
- Employment Related Practices Liability – Protects your business from lawsuits by employees for things like sexual harassment, wrongful termination, or discrimination.
- Employee Benefits Liability –Covers any errors made by an employee administrator of your employee benefits program.
- Directors & Officers Liability –Protects the company as well, covers legal fees, settlements, and other costs. D&O insurance is the financial backing for a standard indemnification provision, which holds officers harmless for losses due to their role in the company.
- Commercial Liability Umbrella Insurance- Provides additional coverage in the times that your business policy, commercial auto, or workers compensation is not enough coverage.