You face some pretty unique risks operating a winery, brewery or distillery. If you aren’t properly protected, something like a major fire or lawsuit could pose a serious threat to your business. Our coverage is designed to help with a special mix of policies, endorsements and services that your business really needs.
We can offer a variety of policies and endorsements to cover your business risks. Here are just a few examples to show some of the ways ERIE’s business policies can provide protection for the risks you may face.
Highly Recommended Coverage for Breweries, Wineries, and Distilleries!
- Product Contamination – For customers’ medical expenses, lost business income, replacement of contaminated food and more.
- Product Withdrawal – A problem during bottling process poses a safety issue to consumers requiring you to withdraw the product.
- Off Premises Utility Interruption – Covers damage to any supplies or property caused by a utility failure that occurred off of the insured premises.
- Liquor Liability – For legal costs and payments if your brewery, winery or distillery is named in a lawsuit.
- Special Event Insurance – Covers any liability you have during a special event hosted on your business premises. Events can be scheduled on your policy but we also have the option for a stand-alone event policy.
- Peak Season Coverage – To protect your inventory during peak seasons when there’s more of it in stock.
- Employment practices liability coverage- – In the event an employee claims they’ve experienced employment discrimination, wrongful termination or sexual harassment.
- Business Interruption / Loss of Business Income – Covers the income that you may lose if you cannot operate your business because of a covered claim.
Additional Insurance for Your Business Needs
- Commercial Auto Insurance – Covers your vehicles while being used for your business. If vehicles used by a company are allowed to be on a personal auto policy then why did insurance companies ever create a commercial auto policy? This is one of the biggest mistakes we see businesses make with their insurance. Make sure your business and vehicles are on the proper policy with the coverage your business needs.
- Workers Compensation Insurance – covers injuries that your employees suffer at work. If you have any employees, you need workers compensation insurance, because you are responsible for your employees’ wellbeing.
- Group Benefits – you can offer accident, disability, critical illness, and life insurance to your employees for little to no cost for your business.
- Data Compromise / Cyber Liability – Covers the expenses to notify your customers and for any damages they are awarded after their personally identifiable information is stolen through a data breach. Download our free guide to protecting your business from a Data Breach here. (Include Hartford Data Breach Guide)
- Employee Benefits Liability –Covers any errors made by an employee administrator of your employee benefits program.
- Directors & Officers Liability –Protects the company as well, covers legal fees, settlements, and other costs. D&O insurance is the financial backing for a standard indemnification provision, which holds officers harmless for losses due to their role in the company.
- Commercial Liability Umbrella Insurance- Provides additional coverage in the times that your business policy, commercial auto, or workers compensation is not enough coverage.