Our current clients include everything from small service shops to diesel mechanics so we understand that your business depends on your reputation to provide great service at an affordable cost to your customers and in a timely fashion. That is why we ensure that you have the proper coverage for your tools, employees, and your customer’s vehicles that they have entrusted to you.
Benefits of Our Policy Coverage
- Garage Keepers Insurance – We can include coverage for your customer’s autos on one single policy.
- Actual Loss Sustained for Customers Autos – You aren’t forced to choose a specific limit of coverage – We’ll cover what’s damaged- simple as that.
- Coverage for your tools –Your tools are covered on and off the premises.
- Coverage for Employee Tools –If you have a claim, we’ll treat your employee’s tools like they were the businesses’ tools- they’re covered too.
- Coverage for parts, labor, and damage done by faulty workmanship
What type of policy does my business need..
Business Owner’s Policy or a General Liability Policy?
Well that depends- to decide we must look at the structure of each policy.
Business Owners Policy
A package of coverage for your liability, property, and loss of business income. Most Insurance Companies have packaged additional coverages that are commonly needed by businesses in your industry.
Although a Business Owners policy has coverage packages for many things there are still things like cyber liability, employment practices liability, or employee theft that may not be covered. Making sure to cover these risk is where most insurance agencies fall short.
General Liability Policy
A policy that only comes with Liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage caused by your business. All other coverages must be added to the General Liability policy to be covered.
Additional Coverages that we would highly recommend adding!
- Inland Marine / Installation Coverage- This covers tools, equipment, machinery, and materials while in transit or away from your location.
- Business Interruption / Loss of Business Income- Covers the income that you may lose if you cannot operate your business because of a covered claim.
- Commercial Auto Insurance – Covers your vehicles while being used for your business. If vehicles used by a company are allowed to be on a personal auto policy then why did insurance companies ever create a commercial auto policy? This is one of the biggest mistakes we see businesses make with their insurance. Make sure your business and vehicles are on the proper policy with the coverage your business needs.
- Workers Compensation Insurance – covers injuries that your employees suffer at work. If you have any employees, you need workers compensation insurance, because you are responsible for your employees’ wellbeing.
- Group Benefits – you can offer accident, disability, critical illness, and life insurance to your employees for little to no cost for your business.
- Employment Related Practices Liability – Protects your business from lawsuits by employees for things like sexual harassment, wrongful termination, or discrimination.
- Data Compromise / Cyber Liability- Covers the expenses to notify your customers and for any damages they are awarded after their personally identifiable information is stolen through a data breach.
Download our free guide to protecting your business from a Data Breach here. (Include Hartford Data Breach Guide)
- Employee Benefits Liability –Covers any errors made by an employee administrator of your employee benefits program.
- Directors & Officers Liability –Protects the company as well, covers legal fees, settlements, and other costs. D&O insurance is the financial backing for a standard indemnification provision, which holds officers harmless for losses due to their role in the company.
- Commercial Liability Umbrella Insurance- Provides additional coverage in the times that your business policy, commercial auto, or workers compensation is not enough coverage.