As the old saying goes – if you can’t stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen. Unfortunately most restaurant policies we see belong in the deep freezer
Luckily, here at The Client’s Insurance Agency, we have 3 Insurance Companies with Specialized Programs for Restaurants.
We have coverage for fast food, sit down restaurants, caterers, and even food trucks.
We would love to chat with you about what we are cooking up in our Restaurant Program. We have included some info our specialties in our business insurance menu below!
What type of policy does my business need… Business Owner’s Policy or a General Liability Policy?
Well that depends- to decide we must look at the structure of each policy.
Business Owners Insurance
A package of coverage for your liability, property, and loss of business income. Most Insurance Companies have packaged additional coverages that are commonly needed by businesses in your industry.
Although a Business Owners policy has coverage packages for many things there are still things like cyber liability, employment practices liability, or employee theft that may not be covered. Making sure to cover these risk is where most insurance agencies fall short.
General Liability Insurance
A policy that only comes with Liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage caused by your business. All other coverages must be added to the General Liability policy to be covered.
Coverages – highly recommend to Restaurants!
- Spoilage / Contamination – Provides coverage for damage to goods from a food borne illness, expenses associated with notifying customers, and any money awarded to others from a food contamination claim.
- Off Premises Utility Interruption – Covers damage to any supplies or property caused by a utility failure that occurred off of the insured premises.
- Liquor Liability – If you sell, distribute, or allow others to consume alcohol on your business premises then you should carry this coverage to protect your business from any suit arising from the consumption of alcohol.
- Special Event Insurance – Covers any liability you have during a special event hosted on your business premises. Events can be scheduled on your policy but we also have the option for a stand-alone event policy.
- Employee Dishonesty – These claims are usually difficult to detect and go unnoticed for some time. Make sure you have this coverage for these costly claims.
- Data Compromise / Cyber Liability- Covers the expenses to notify your customers and for any damages they are awarded after their personally identifiable information is stolen through a data breach.
Download our free guide to protecting your business from a Data Breach here. (Include Hartford Data Breach Guide)
- Business Interruption / Loss of Business Income- Covers the income that you may lose if you cannot operate your business because of a covered claim.
Additional Insurance for Your Business Needs
- Commercial Auto Insurance – Covers your vehicles while being used for your business. If vehicles used by a company are allowed to be on a personal auto policy then why did insurance companies ever create a commercial auto policy? This is one of the biggest mistakes we see businesses make with their insurance. Make sure your business and vehicles are on the proper policy with the coverage your business needs.
- Workers Compensation Insurance – covers injuries that your employees suffer at work. If you have any employees, you need workers compensation insurance, because you are responsible for your employees’ wellbeing.
- Group Benefits – you can offer accident, disability, critical illness, and life insurance to your employees for little to no cost for your business.
- Employment Related Practices Liability – Protects your business from lawsuits by employees for things like sexual harassment, wrongful termination, or discrimination.
- Employee Benefits Liability –Covers any errors made by an employee administrator of your employee benefits program.
- Directors & Officers Liability –Protects the company as well, covers legal fees, settlements, and other costs. D&O insurance is the financial backing for a standard indemnification provision, which holds officers harmless for losses due to their role in the company.
- Commercial Liability Umbrella Insurance- Provides additional coverage in the times that your business policy, commercial auto, or workers compensation is not enough coverage.
The Client’s Insurance Agency offers free, comparative quotes on restaurant and bar insurance from multiple insurance carriers so you can get the best possible rate.
Want to see how much we can save you? Just request a quote to find out.